NIX Systems Senior Engineer Full time
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the system environments.
- Updating the technical documentation and the team knowledge base.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administrations tasks.
- Mentor and develop junior team members of system engineers as required.
- Assess new technologies and products, applying industry best practices and methodologies to engineering and operations activities.
- Provide on-call consulting advice and technical support to external/internal customers regarding specific operational/applications issues.
- Participate in the overall secure design and performance of system/servers environment.
- Conducting periodic safety tests of system performance, reliability, and load, assists the service desk and operations in resolving system performance issues.
- Take lead in resolving operational issues, perform root cause analysis, and implement necessary corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.