NIX Systems Engineer Full time
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain systems and networks procedure documentation.
- Performing routines audits of systems and software.
- Executing standards requests for database/system operations.
- Providing technical and functional support to Tier 1 technical support.
- Applying operating systems updates, patches and configuration changes on a regular basis.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the availability, performance and security of supported services within agreed service level agreements (SLAs).
- Diagnose and resolve NIX server, OS, network and other failures and engage internal specialists and vendors in the respective areas as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- Bachelor degree from a reputable university (Communications engineering or computer science background is preferred).
- Minimum “1 to 2” years of experience in Linux systems administration skills, (RedHat – CentOS – Ubuntu) is a must.
- Good command of English language.